Martin Zomaya, MD
Board Certified Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Martin Zomaya moved to Arizona from New Jersey in 2018. He was born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas and moved away for his medical school and surgical training in New York and New Jersey. He attended the University of Arkansas in Little Rock for his undergraduate education and then went on to the American University of the Caribbean Medical School, to receive his Doctor of Medicine. Dr. Zomaya completed his general surgery residency at Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine in New York at Staten Island University Hospital and he completed his vascular surgery fellowship at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey. Dr. Zomaya's training includes both traditional open vascular surgery, and as well less invasive endovascular techniques for the treatment of arterial and venous disease. He holds certification in Surgery from the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Zomaya is a staff/attending surgeon at Banner University Medical Center and St. Joseph's Hospital. He is an active participant in the training of residents and medical students at the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency.
Procedures Performed and Conditions Treated by Dr. Martin Zomaya
- Carotid Disease: Carotid Endarterectomy, Carotid Angioplasty/Stenting
- Abdominal & Descending Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms: Endovascular Thoracic Aneurysm Repair, Conventional Thoracic & Thoraco Abdominal Aneurysm Repair, Endovascular AAA Repair, Conventional AAA Repair
- Visceral Arteries: Renal Artery Angioplasty/Stenting/Bypass, Celiac and SMA Angioplasty/Stenting/Bypass
- Upper and Lower Extremity Arterial Insufficiency: Percutaneous Angioplasty/Stenting/Atherectomy/Surgical Bypass, Percutaneous Thrombolytic Therapy
- Dialysis Access: AV Fistula Creation, Percutaneous Maintenance and Revision of fistulas
- Varicose Veins: Endovenous Laser Therapy, Venous Ulcer Treatment
Anne R. - "Dr. Zomaya and staff have the unique ability to be very professional and yet make you feel right at home. The procedure I had done was 100% successful. Now with the absence of pain in my leg; my quality of life has improved. Thank you so much."
A. Sam - "Dr. Zomaya is my husband's vascular doctor, so when I needed care I did not hesitate. He is at the same time very caring and very practical. You feel you can ask all the questions you have, which is not true with all doctors. Another very important point for me is the rest of the team. From the person calling you for the appointment to the one taking your blood pressure before the appointment, everyone is kind and helpful."
Vickie E. - "True MD no bs very blunt and to the point but a friendly guy and jokes around with you lol. Best Dr I have dealt with in years and his work omg amazing. Would highly recommend him to anyone that needs a vascular surgeon, not sure what all he can do but it's worth to call his office to see if he can help you. Best call I have made. Thank you so much Dr. Zomaya you rock!!"
Anonymous - "Excellent patient care, knowledgeable, professional and expedited tests and results. "
Taylor - "Dr. Zomaya was great. He listened to all my questions and concerns and explained everything very thoroughly, even drawing pictures to help explain the procedure. He was direct but not in a way that is rude or unfriendly. The first time we met we spent at least 40 minutes talking about my concerns. I never felt rushed at an appointment, and he sent me home with his card so that I could call anytime I had a question. He was an excellent surgeon as well, I am now 3 weeks post-op and am recovering beautifully, my scar will be barely noticeable. I cannot speak highly enough about my experience with Dr. Zomaya. I would recommend him to anyone looking for vascular specialist that is professional, caring, and direct."
Hospitals and Surgery Centers Staffed At
- Banner University Medical Center
- Dignity Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Dignity St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center