Karthik Raghavan, MD, FACS
Board Certified General Surgeon
Dr. Karthik Raghavan brings to Arizona 20 years of diverse surgical experience. With his own unique approach to patient centric care, he is a compassionate healer and a passionate patient advocate. He is a highly skilled and experienced surgeon, a lifelong student and teacher and most importantly a surgeon who cares for his patients with the same commitment as he would for his family. He is a firm believer in a holistic approach to healthcare focused on patient engagement and empowerment.
His areas of expertise are advanced robotic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, general surgery, colorectal surgery, acute care surgery and endoscopy including both therapeutic and screening colonoscopies.
He lives in Scottsdale with his wife - also a physician, and their two children. In his free time he enjoys traveling with his family and is an avid runner and hiker.
Procedures Performed and Conditions Treated by Dr. Karthik Raghavan:
General Surgery (Robotic, Laparoscopic and Open)
- Hernias: Inguinal, Ventral, Incisional and Umbilical
- Gallbladder: Gallstones, Cholecystitis and Biliary Dyskinesia
- Appendix: Appendicitis and Appendicular Neoplasia
- Small Bowel Disorders: Adhesions, Obstruction, Tumors, Crohn's Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Gastric Pathology: Gastritis, Gastric Ulcers and Gastric Neoplasia
- Soft Tissue Tumors: Lipoma, Neurofibroma, Sebaceous Cysts and Lymphatic Pathology
- Skin Infections: Abscess, Perianal Abscess, Pilonidal Cysts and Abscess and Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Colorectal (Robotic, Laparoscopic and Open)
- Colon: Diverticulitis and Cancer
- Anal Fistula and Fissures
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy: Screening Colonoscopy, Diagnostic and Therapeutic with Polypectomies
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopies: Gastritis, Gastric Ulcers, H.Pylori and GERD
- Hemodialysis Access Catheters
- Laparoscopic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertions
- Chemo Port Insertion
Karishma K. - "Dr. Raghavan operated on my umbilical hernia. The experience all the way from the first appointment to post operative care and recovery was absolutely amazing. At my first appointment he very patiently educated me on the hernia and the procedure. He listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions patiently. Right after the procedure he shared with my husband the images of the procedure and details about the post operative care. Dr. Raghavan is very personable, kind, and competent. I highly recommend him and his practice for hernia care."
Paul G. - "Saw Dr. Raghavan to have my gall bladder removed. He explained the procedure and answered my questions. Had my 2 week follow up and he explained what he had found. Excellent Dr. Wish more would take the time with their patients."
James M. - "Dr Raghavan operated on my hernia and the surgery, prep, and follow-up was excellent. The surgery was 100% successful and Dr Raghavan made sure to proactively address any potential pain or discomfort issues to minimize these."
Karishma K. - "Dr. Raghavan operated on my umbilical hernia. The experience all the way from the first appointment to post-operative care and recovery was absolutely amazing. At my first appointment, he very patiently educated me on the hernia and the procedure. He listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions patiently. Right after the procedure, he shared with my husband the images of the procedure and details about the post-operative care. Dr. Raghavan is very personable, kind, and competent. I highly recommend him and his practice for hernia care."
Kathy K. - "Dr Raghavan knows his business and provably saved my life. He treated me for colon cancer. I highly recommend him."
Hospitals and Surgery Centers Staffed At
- Abrazo Central Medical Center
- Abrazo Heart
- Abrazo Scottsdale
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
- HonorHealth JCL North Mountain
- Metro Surgery Center