Mark Runfola, MD, FACS
Surgical Oncology | Board Certified General Surgeon
Originally from Buffalo, NY, Dr. Runfola studied at the University of Notre Dame and the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine. He received his general surgical training at the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency and then completed a two year fellowship in Surgical Oncology at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, New York.
Dr. Runfola is Board Certified and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also of Fellow of the Society of Surgical Oncology and a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Medical School: State University of NY Buffalo
- Residency: Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency
- Chief Administrative Resident: Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency
- Surgical Oncology Fellowship: Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo NY
- Chief Administrative Fellow, Surgical Oncology: Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo NY
Procedures Performed & Conditions Treated by Dr. Runfola
- Surgical Oncology
- Malignant Diseases of the Colon & Rectum
- Cancer of the Esophagus
- Cancer of the Stomach
- Cancer of the Pancreas
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Breast Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
Laura b. - "Dr. Runfola is a wonderful physician! He listens to you and explains everything in detail. He performed my surgery with ease and confidence. I would highly recommend him!"
Mike - "Dr. Runfola has provided me with the information and confidence needed to address the surgery to remove my existing malignant melanoma. Plus he has performed the surgery necessary for biopsies on lymph nodes for further testing. He is a very warm and caring individual who sets your mind at ease for the procedures he will perform. Thank you."
Bob A. - "Dr. Runfola to me is the best surgeon you will find. He is the most caring and understanding person. His surgery experience saved my wife's life after a 12 hour surgery. I could go on and on as to how caring and helpful he was but there is not enough space. If you are reading this looking for a surgeon look no further you found him."
Theresa S. - "Dr Runfola is probably the most caring doctor that I have ever had. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Aug 2011, he sat with me and explain everything that was going to happen. When I had surgery he was very kind to my family waiting for me. And as I continued my care over the next 5 years seeing him twice a year, he continued to have the same warm caring demeanor. You truly feel like an important and loved person with him. His staff is great too."
L. - "Dr. Runfola is a kind and compassionate man. He does his best to set you at ease but is honest as well. He communicates well with other doctors that are part of your care. I appreciate his kindness and trust him completely."
Ed H. - "The Doctor took the time to listen and answer all my questions. He was very supportive and addressed all my concerns. I found him to be a genuine and honest person and I trust him completely "
Source: Healthgrades.com - Healthgrades.com Review Link
Hospitals and Surgery Centers Staffed At
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Ocotillo Medical Center
- Banner Surgery Center
- Banner University Medical Center
- Center For Advanced Surgery
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- Physicians Surgery Center of Chandler
- Top Doctor - Phoenix Magazine
Location and Contact Info
- Main Location:
- 2945 South Dobson Road,
- Mesa, AZ 85202
- View Map
- Please Get In Touch:
- Phone: 480-969-4138
- Fax: 480-969-0630