Lora Shirey, MD
Dr. Lora Shirey is a General surgeon, performing surgery for the treatment of gallbladder, breast disorders, colon disorders, cancer and melanoma, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), as well as advanced hernia repair.
She is an expert in robotic surgery techniques and other advanced laparoscopic surgery which helps patients recover more quickly and with less pain and discomfort.
She spends much of her clinical time treating patients who suffer with the effects of GERD, colon disorders, cancer and melanoma, gallbladder, breast disorders and educating her patients on various treatment options.
Dr. Shirey's free time is mainly occupied hiking, taking road trips, thrifting for good books and discovering new foods with friends.
She performs operations in West Phoenix at Banner Estrella Medical Center, Banner Surgery Center – Estrella, Dignity St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center, Westgate Surgery Center and Surgical Elite of Avondale
Procedures Performed and Conditions Treated by Dr. Lora Shirey
- Hernias: Gallbladder, GERD
- Breast Disorders: Cancers (Skin Cancer), Melanoma.
- Biliary / Gallbladder - Laparoscopic / da Vinci
- Breast (Biopsy, Cancer, Lumps / Bumps)
- Stomach & Small Bowel - Laparoscopic / da Vinci
- Sentinel Lymph node biopsies and lymph node dissection
- Melanoma / Squamous Cell / Basal Cell
- Skin Cysts (Lumps / Bumps)
- Skin and Soft Tissue Lesions
Dr. Shirey is a graduate of Drexel University College of Medicine. She received her residency at University of Arizona - Phoenix Integrated Surgical.