Jon King, MD, FACS
Board Certified General Surgeon
Dr. King was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. He graduated with a BS in biology from the University of Washington in 1988. He graduated from the University of Washington School of Medicine in 1992. Dr. King completed his surgical training at the Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency in 1997. Since that time he has been practicing general surgery in central Phoenix.
Procedures Performed and Conditions Treated by Dr. Jon King:
- Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopic)
- Robotic Surgery
- Gallbladder Disease
- GERD - Reflux / Heartburn, Hiatal Hernia
- Hernia Repairs
- Breast Disorders and Cancer
- Colon Disorders and Cancers
- Skin Cancer / Melanoma
- Banner Estrella Medical Center - Chief of Staff - 2004-2008
- Banner Estrella Medical Center - Chief of Surgery 2010-2015
- Banner University Medical Center - Former Chief of General Surgery
- Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency - Site Director
- University of Arizona College of Medicine - Clinical assistant professor of surgery
- Lt Col - USAF Reserves - Honorable Discharge 2007
- Phoenix Magazine Top Doc 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
- American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support - Instructor
- Arizona license number 25175
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Chairman, Phoenix Surgical Society
- Member, Maricopa County Medical Society
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
Hospitals and Surgery Centers Staffed At
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- Banner Estrella Surgery Center
- Dignity St. Joseph's Westgate Medical Center
- Surgical Elite of Avondale
Joan T. - "OUTSTANDING WORK!!! Really cares and checked in with me several times. Staff excellent. All assisting and very very accommodating. Very knowledgeable. Even got me a heated air sheet .... HEAVEN!!"
Melissa D. - "Dr. Jon King is an excellent surgeon - one of the best in the country for GI and for gut surgery. I have assisted in surgery for over 20 years, and had to have surgery myself 2 weeks ago. The process and procedure could not have gone better."
Brenda M. - "I had to have surgery during my pregnancy and Dr. King really took care of me and made me feel at ease. His team of assistants and front office girls were kind and understanding. I have recommended others to this practice."
LS - "I was so fortunate that Dr. King was on call the night my gallbladder ruptured. He is a fantastic surgeon, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience."
Stavros T. - "Dr King is a great surgeon. From the initial visit to post surgery follow up Dr King did a wonderful job explaining the details of my operation and addressed all my concerns. At the hospital one nurse told me I was getting the best surgeon ever! I think she was right. The operation went extremely well. I had absolutely no pain and did not take any of the pain medications prescribed to me. Thank you Dr King!"
Gustavo H. - "Dr. King demonstrated genuine concern for my mother. He was easy to talk to and eager to answer any and all questions. Our family is very grateful to him for the excellent results in reference to my mother's surgery. Thank you Dr. King for everything."
MMD - "Dr. Jon King is an exceptional surgeon and his staff is kind and professional. I am a nurse practitioner who has worked in surgery for more than 30 years - there is a reason why I chose Dr. King for my surgery, and will continue to recommend him to family, friends, and patients."
- Top Doctor - Phoenix Magazine