Ashley Casano, DO, FACS
Board Certified Colon and Rectal Surgeon
Dr. Casano is dedicated to treating patients with problems affecting the colon, rectum and anus, including cancer and inflammatory bowel disease. She has completed advanced training in the treatment of these problems in addition to full training in general surgery. Her clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery for the colon and rectum. She also performs robotic surgery, treatment for pelvic floor disorders and implementation of enhanced recovery protocols to minimize pain allowing earlier return of function following surgery.
Ashley Casano, DO, FACS, grew up in Arizona. She earned her medical degree from Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, Arizona and completed her surgical residency at the University of Arizona, Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency. Following a comprehensive colorectal surgery fellowship in Utah, Dr. Casano has returned to her home state to advance the health of patients in her community.
- Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in Glendale, Arizona
- Residency: University of Arizona, Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency, Phoenix Arizona.
- Fellowship: St Mark's Hospital Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship
- Colon, rectal and anal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Colonic inertia
- Benign anorectal (hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas & abscesses)
- Diverticulitis (including colovesical and colovaginal fistulas)
- Robotic, laparoscopic and open treatment of colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis
- Rectal prolapse surgery
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence
- Hemorrhoidectomy, rubber band ligation
- Surgical treatment of anal fissure, abscesses and fistulas
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Ocotillo Medical Center
- Banner Surgery Center - Desert
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
"Dr. Casano is hands down the best surgeon I have met so far. She is very thorough, knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and goes the extra mile to make sure you are well taken care of. She is always there for her patients because she cares. She is a very good professional and deserves to be Best doctor in Arizona. "
"I had more than a visit. Dr. Casano was referred to me after a 5 day hospital stay for Complicated Diverticulitis. I met with her in her office where she addressed my concerns, answered all my questions, and took care of all my needs. She performed surgery to remove my sigmoid colon with absolutely NO bad side affects or trauma! She was professional and knowledgable! I highly recommend her to anyone needing a surgeon specializing in colorectal issues!"
"Dr casano made me feel very comfortable and explained everything really good. Id recommend her to anyone"
"My absolutely must share my relationship with Dr Ashley Casano and her assistant who far and exceeds the mere words assistant Heather Talkington. I have lived a life long battle with my colon it is not possible to fully express my gratitude to Dr. Casano she saved my life. From the moment I met Heather and Dr. Ashley Casano I knew the journey was finally over and there was hope. I may have called Heather a million times as as my new adjustments were and are both mentally and physically life changing and she has always been there for me with a wealth of knowledge and kindness. Dr. Ashley Casano has gone far above to provide me with absolutely the very care the right answers and has been restless to ensure me that everything is going to be alright I truly trust with my life."
Source: Healthgrades.com - Healthgrades.com Review Link